Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Magic

Tonight's been a pretty long night...I think I'm getting better at this doing homework crap though. Not getting distracted and actually understanding things in class. Things are slowly falling back into place, although I'm still struggling with doing homework when I have to...like at the moment. But things will be okay. I did all I need to do...basically the things I need to hand in tomorrow. As of now...I'm pretty tired and my roommate is once again blabbing away on the phone with his life partner, so I thought I'd post some things. Yes...in fact, I do have some things on my mind that I would like to share with all of you. Now if you would sit down little children, let us begin story time.

Alright, once upon a time, there was a young man. He played piano and did a little composing once in a while. One day, his classmate asked him to join a singing competition. Being the curious person he is, he did what his friend recommended and he came in second place. Almost 9 years later, he's going to have a concert in Toronto, Canada on the 18th of December. Have you guessed it yet? Yes, it's Jay Chou. I guess I can say with confidence that I'm a pretty big fan of him. He's a pretty talented person. Composes, sings, acts, directs. Even though he's not the best at any of them, he does what he wants and it turns out alright. I think what makes me admire him the most is the music that he writes. Me, personally, am a fan for music. To me, the lyrics are just a bonus that adds a little extra to the music in order bring something out of it. But I think true music doesn't need lyrics to make it good. Music speaks for itself and with Jay's music, I can listen to it forever and not get bored. With his last album, I was sincerely disappointed at the music that he made. Although there were a couple of good songs, most of it was plain and a lot of it came from the movie he was in not too long before the album came out, which is understandable. But in the coming weeks, he has a new album coming out. One album every year and MOST of the time, it's amazing. I have pretty high hopes for this one...mainly because of the main song that's already been broad casted is awesome. October 9, 2008 is the release date. For anyone who cares a little bit, check it out. I'll be sure to put up good songs once I get my hands on them.

On another note, I stayed up until 6 in the freaking morning last night...talking. I don't even know where the time went. We went downstairs at 1 and spent 5 hours there? It seemed like such a short period of time, but it was good. I really enjoy those long talks...although a lot of them at one time really isn't good for the body. Talking with her is like a treat though, to find someone that can think similar to me is really cool. It was fun...although getting up today was not fun...I didn't want to, but ended up doing so because I figured that I can't afford to miss another CIV102 lecture. The only resource I have is from those damn lectures. If I miss one, it's like committing suicide...and I already missed one, that's why it's the one class that I don't quite understand. It's okay though...still the beginning right...I have time to catch up...yes...I just need to convince myself of that.

*sigH* this post really isn't all that great huh...meh whatever. With around 4 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours, I think I have an excuse. I'm going to bed now...damnit...I can't...my roommate is still talking. I'll be in bed...soon xP. Anyway, that's it from me for now. Later days =P.
Secret #40: Those words actually discourage me...*sigH*

No comments: