Monday, June 23, 2008

The Day After

June 23...the day after my 18th birthday. Sounds like a pretty good day to me =P. Well, yesterday was the day that I turned the big 18 and it was alright. I don't feel much different. To be honest, I don't think much of birthdays, well my birthday personally. I'm sure everyone thinks the same to some extent, but I try not make a big deal out of it. Personally, I hate the question, "what do you want for your birthday?" so let me give a generic answer to that, "I don't bloody know". If you're going to get someone a present, just do it. It doesn't really matter what it is because I'm sure the receiver will appreciate it no matter how stupid it may be. But today, I only got one present and I was quite surprised on receiving it actually. My manager at work always gets someone something for everyone's birthdays and I tried to hide it from her because I knew if I told her, she would get me something...I didn't whine about working today, I avoided the topic of turning 18 completely, but the only person that I told, which I specifically told NOT to tell my manager, told her anyway and they got me something. A bottle of whiskey with a flask =P. How fitting hey? I'm pretty sure I'm not going to use it much at all, but when I do, I'm sure the engraving of the formula for "Girls = Evil" will come in handy some day, haha. But none the less, I was surprised when I got the gift and it put a smile on my face =).

Today started out brilliantly...I woke up around 10 and I signed on to MSN like I always do. First thing I do is check my e-mail as always and I got 3 new e-mails that made my day right off the bat =P. I got a birthday wish and ecard. For some reason, I had a feeling that she didn't e-mail me for so long just to make the e-mail that much more special...and it did. I played the ecard over and over again until I had to leave for work and when I got back from work...I played it a little bit more. It's a cute card and it gets me smiling every time I read it. I want to thank her for the email and the ecard with all my heart because really...it was the only thing I wanted for my birthday. Her birthday's coming up soon and I'll have something planned. It'll probably take a while for me to get everything the way I want it, but it's something I want to do, so it'll be fun, haha.

Anyway, as hard as I tried to hide my birthday from my friends, as the day went on, I got birthday wishes from most of my good friends. The thoughts are very much appreciated...thanks guys =P.

I also called my grandparents and I found out that my grandpa is relying a lot on his medicine now a days...I miss him so much. I remember when I was young and how he would hold me and dance with me to an old tune. I remember his gentle voice calming me down when I was in trouble with something. I remember his soft eyes waiting for me when I went back to visit and I remember the tears that rolled down his face when I left. I love my grandparents very much and it kills me that I wasn't able to go back to see them this year...because next year...might be too late. Every time I think of them, I think of them holding on for a while longer...just a while longer.

As my day came to a close, it was like every other night...except now I'm an adult. An adult...that have much more responsibilities than before. For myself as well as for those I care about. So as time goes on, one chapter of my life has ended and a new chapter begins. The road of adulthood now lies before me and I will approach it as cautiously as I will enthusiastically.
Secret #31: 15 days...I wonder if I can do this...=)

No comments: