Monday, February 11, 2008

Change Yourself

*sigH* Parents are at it again...That lasted almost two whole months v.v''. I'm pretty much used to it now...Don't expect too much from them, don't get too disappointed. Only thing that I worry about is how my sister will grow up in this kind of environment. Sometimes I think about it and it seems there's no way out. How can people change after so many years of being who they are? Is it possible? Nothing's impossible, but the degree of difficulty is getting pretty high on this one. I dunno...I think you can change if you want to at least. It's hard yea, but if you're willing to make a conscious effort, then you'll be able to succeed. Just like perfecting anything in life, you have to be willing to accept your mistakes and adjust in order to become better. Without that ability to see past yourself, see past your past, nothing will ever happen.

Anyway, my respect for the singer/song writer, Taiwanese superstar, Wang Leehom has been increasing more and more lately. His style of music, which he calls "chinked out", has a mixture of oriental feel with the western pop. Mixing his talent regarding west and east music, he's been influencing the Asia world in huge ways. His thought process to changing the world is one that should be admired. You can see this just by how he incorporated the prerogative term "chink" into his music style in order to make it more acceptable in the world. And really, what is chink, but just another word with a connotation. And words can mean good or bad depending on how it's used and how other people perceive it. So his way of using this term in a positive manner can surely bring out positive receptions from his fans as well as from the rest of the world.

Okay, I wanted to post up one of his newer songs, "Change Yourself". I translated the lyrics this time because I wanted everyone to enjoy it. It sends out a good message and many times, it has picked me up. It'll be song #11 on my play list. Hope you all enjoy it...Peace v-.-

Change Yourself

Come on

Woke up this morning
And looking at my reflection in the mirror.
Suddenly realized my hairstyle and turned a little kuso.
A little bit of change,
Makes a big difference.
Our strength can change the world.

Been a little annoyed recently.
Lately I’ve been feeling pretty down.
I want to shout out loud every time I watch the news.
But I don’t have any swear words.
Everybody only knows how to relax.
I changed myself and noticed a big difference.

*Friends from the new generation
We need to work hard
Everybody yell
Na na na na na

I can change the world,
Change myself.
Change anilities, change the pettiness.
Have to keep on trying, trying
Never give up.
In order to change the world.
Come on, change yourself.

Woke up this morning,
Had a bit of a headache.
Maybe because there’s too much CO2 and not enough O2.
A little bit of change,
Makes a big difference.
Our warmth can change the world.

As long as you represent yourself
Without any political stands
Actually, this world has made me quite worried
Must adjust ourselves
Never knew so little could add the finishing touch

* Bridge then Chorus (x2)

No comments: